The majority of us don’t allot time in our morning to wake up and move our limbs. We forget how important it is to wake up the physical body. We just find ourself stuck trying to wake up our minds and most of us can only think “coffee” for the first few hours. But the body needs to warm up after 8 hours of lying horizontal. So next time you wake up you can try these easy things to help warm the body up:
1. Cat and cow pose. Start on your hands and knees with your knees directly under your hips and your hands under your shoulders. Inhale look up, let the belly sink, the butt stick out and the shoulder blades glide down the back. Exhale to round the neck and upper back while tucking the hips and gaze between the thighs. Repeat ten times.
2. Start with your feet wide and your arms out wide to your sides. From here just bend to the left and the right slowly. Repeat 10 times
3. Same position only twist from your waist left to right. Repeat 10 times.
4. Roll out your wrists and ankles. 10 times in each direction, front and back too.
5. Bend the head side to side and front to back 5 times.
It’s that easy to wake up the body!