Sure there are plenty of baskets of high-fructose corn syrup and aisles of electronic goodies for you to purchase. But here are some ways for you to buy gifts this year that you will actually feel good about purchasing and giving! Certainly those you give to will also appreciate:
- Shop as local as possible. Those random little shops that sell homemade gifts are fabulous! In fact they are so fabulous, that I can be seen here shopping for just homemade soap on Fox 5 news.Not only are you supporting your local community but you get to be the gift giver with the most unique presents!
- Make gift baskets full of healthful treats! In fact there are websites that specialize in just that, like http://www.itsonlynaturalgifts.com. Or you can be creative and make your own gift baskets. Go to Michael’s and grab some ribbon and baskets and then shop your local market for produce and organic treats. You can even bake your own Nut Butter Cookies and boom, you have a great gift that everyone will enjoy!
- Check out the local farmers markets! There are some truly talented artists and designers out there just waiting for you to check out what they have under their tent. So many of the designers and artists are willing to make deals if you buy several items from them. So get the girls in your family some cute jewelry and the men some recycled leather wallets! The farmers market is also a great place to get organic treats for your baskets!
- There are not too many fitness props that I find absolutely necessary, but the ones I have I love! You can actually find most of these for pretty inexpensive at TJ Maxx instead of the big name sports equipment store:
- For that wanna-be-chef, here are some amazing kitchen tools that can really add to your life:
- When you run out of time? Hit up the grocery store and grab the following:
And there you have it, all the ways to truly be the most healthful and sustainable gift giver. Happy Holidays!