This month has been so insane for me and I have not had a chance to post a single blog entry! So what a perfect opportunity for me to write about meal planning. When I am just too busy to stop and get food during the day, having pre set meals makes my day work much better. I don’t have to worry about what’s in my food because I can control the ingredients and my day is much easier. So here are some tips so you too can keep your day easy and organized, ultimately allowing you to stay on track with your healthy lifestyle.
- Prep on a weekend – Give yourself a few hours in your hectic weekend, I choose Sundays, to cook lots of food for your meals. Casseroles, baked dishes, crock pot meals, roasted veggies and hearty stews are just a few easy meals you could make in bulk and refrigerate.
- Get Tupperware or better yet glassware for a more environmental approach. You can easily prep your entire week, package it up and make it easy for you to grab and go in the mornings on your way to work.
- Bring your water bottle everywhere. It is just as important to have water throughout the day as it is to have nutritious meals. So I always have a water bottle on me, preferably in bottle made of glass to limit chemicals leaking into your water.
- Plan your snacks. Nuts and seeds, apples with almond butter and jicama with chili powder are just a few of the options you can use to create healthy snacks in between your meals. I like to keep nuts in my drawer at work just in case I forget to bring something when I’m on the run. I like to also use organic fruit and nut bars as my few minimally processed items to keep in my purse as a quick snack.
- Prep your workout smoothies or juices. I like to juice my green juices ahead of time and seal them in glass bottles so they stay fresh throughout the week. You can do the same with your smoothies so you can grab and go.
These are just a few of easy things you can do to help keep your healthy lifestyle easy and allow you more time for you to do what you need to do throughout the week.